Mallory Kate Photography Home About Me Portrait Categories Pricing Tips & Tutorials Reviews Contact

4.2.15

{Mid-Week Challenge}



As a photographer, I get into phases where I don't have the camera out for personal use -- just for business.  When I get out of that phase, I then always have my camera and am taking pictures of the most random things! It happens! Looking back, some of the times when I have been in the rut -- and didn't have my camera on me, now I wish I did -- some of those moments of places we been, things we've done because I needed to take a break - If you have been out of the rut of taking pictures -- then this {Mid-Week Challenge} is just for you! 

Don't wait until your next scheduled session to capture your family in-the-now. If you don't have a SLR camera, no worries -- use your phone! Capture your kids with things they love to do {right now}! Print them! Put these images out and around the house for you, your children, your guests, your family to see! Don't forget to email grandparents copies as well, they love that kind of stuff! Down the road, you will be glad you did! 



Aren't these two adorable! One of my nephews and one of my nieces! Love capturing the two of them together! 


Mid Week Challenge Tips
  • Capture photographs of their favorite things to do, favorite things to eat, story time, bedtime, playtime....
  • Get up close and personal -- when capturing them, don't go for landscape -- zoom in, make it personal, get close!
  • When your kids come home from school, capture them holding their artwork out at you, report card, a good grade! 
  • Try different angles! Photographs do not need to be you looking at the subject -- if they are playing with pretend food for example, stand on a chair and shoot above them! 

Don't have kids, no worries there -- you're not alone. Capture favorites within your house, take beauty in what is around you! Here is my {mid-week challenge} -- taken this morning! 


Valentine's are being sent out today for Grace, Kate, Landon, Kamryn, Matthew, Elizabeth, Lucas, Kathryn, Preston, Asher, Aaron, Jessica, Eric, Hannah, Will, Jo, Emily, and Jonathan! 

I have a thing for globes..I love them! If I see one, I buy it -- and plan to fill my house with old maps and globes! 

I apparently have a {thing} for H flowers! Hyacinths, Hydrangeas, Hollyhocks -- and then my most favorite ruins that pattern: sunflowers! (p.s. Thank you Kyla for my Farmhouse Jar!)

My breakfast every morning -- the red switches between that, strawberries, and raspberries - I am a routine person.. OCD in a way, not a fan of change, so I stick to my bowl of fruit! 


Now it's your turn!
         My Challenge for you today is to capture something unique about 
     your family, in your home, etc -- make sure to post back for proof that 
                                    you did! 

No comments: